If it is difficult to wear certain shoes due to pain or discomfort near your big toe, you may have a bunion. A bunion is a bony bump that forms on the side of the big toe as the big toe angles in toward your other toes and may only be removed through surgery. If you have a bunion, you may be eligible to participate in a medical research study to evaluate an investigational pain medication following bunion removal.
Among other study requirements, participants must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have at least one qualifying bunion that requires surgical removal
- Be available for a three-night stay in the clinic
Qualified participants may receive the following at no cost:
- Bunion removal performed by a board-certified podiatrist
- Study-related physical exams
- Investigational study medication or placebo
Financial compensation up to $1,000 may also be provided for time.
For more information or to see if you pre-qualify, please call us for a no-cost screening and evaluation or click here to complete our registration form and one of our patient recruitment specialists will contact you.« Back